PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Planetary Flexitarian diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vortex2 wrote:
Quote:
I bought a chuck roast for $11.00 that weighed 4.38 pounds-1978 grams. That one piece of meat is supposed to last me 141 days? I sub divided it into five packages for steak and eggs breakfasts.

That would cost $18 minimum in the UK.

I have tea and toast for breakfast and our colonial friends eat STEAK ....
It was a bargain at $2.49/lb. vs. $7.99/ lb for the steaks beside it obviously cut from the same steer. Steak and eggs with home fried potatoes on the side ( or grits in the South) are traditional for working men and soldiers in the US. Not being that physically active I can't justify it every day but do treat myself to it whenever I have a active day planned.
Being a cheapskate I put two meals into each freezer bag planing to have one on say Monday and the other on Wednesday or Thursday. Of course that employs a great bit of optimism about my future activity levels.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
Good luck getting hold of rice when the Mekong delta stops producing in a few years, Ralph!

And what has the Mekong delta got to do with rice ?
Rice in the UK comes from tesc0, as any fule knoweth. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: