PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The strange death of Geoffrey Epstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: The strange death of Geoffrey Epstein Reply with quote

Lots of powerful and wealthy people, not least Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew, will no doubt be sleeping in their beds a little easier of late. But, only a little. This has the capacity to blow up to something much bigger.

https://www.facebook.com/RTUKnews/videos/474705753327603/?t=240
ReserveGrowthRulz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The strange death of Geoffrey Epstein Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
Lots of powerful and wealthy people, not least Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew, will no doubt be sleeping in their beds a little easier of late. But, only a little. This has the capacity to blow up to something much bigger.

https://www.facebook.com/RTUKnews/videos/474705753327603/?t=240

Of course it does! A run of mill suicide, for perfectly logical reasons, is always an opportunity to drum up a conspiracy theory!!!

Think it can be blamed on any of the Bush or Clinton families? Chelsea maybe, she has been blasphemed on way too few occasions, and if we don't get the kids involved, how can the conspiracy nutters be expected to carry on the tradition as the old targets die of natural causes?
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a six foot tall man hanging himself from a five and a half foot high bunk bed takes a bit of imagination don't you think?
ReserveGrowthRulz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
Still a six foot tall man hanging himself from a five and a half foot high bunk bed takes a bit of imagination don't you think?

The guy was smart enough to keep high profile sex trafficking quiet for who knows how many decades, you figure he wasn't smart enough to figure out a way to hang himself without needing a scaffolding to do it?

I never even thought about how to do this myself, but after your question I came up with two or three ideas how I could do it with no more than room to stretch out and a decent place to anchor the rope no more than a foot or three above my head.

So far, we have one piece of solid evidence, the coroners report. I find it terribly amusing that conspiracy theories begin even before there is concrete information available. Just make everything up first, and worry about course correcting and discrediting facts later?
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:

Could you not just bend your leg at the knee?
Just a thought. I don't want to give any potential suicidees any ideas though.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of someone who managed to hang himself, accidentally, from a door handle. Apparently he was into auto asphyxiation.
Snail

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. From google, he would have been known as a 'gasper'.

I remember from a csi episode that what you cant do is strangle yourself using your own hands.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BritDownUnder wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

I have had a relative commit suicide by hanging himself (while in a hospital) and know first responders that have attended the aftermath of several more. Quite often there is evidence that a survival instinct kicked in when the airway shut off and the brain says "what are you thinking" . Boot marks on the wall, fingers clawed raw trying to free the rope etc.
I suppose one could get enough fall to snap the neck enough on first impact to render the victim unconscious and unable to reconsider but I would think that would leave you prone with feet on the floor and head held off the floor so your body weight completed the task. Ending up on ones knees seems unlikely.
Now if you have two guys helping and pushing you down gently enough to not leave a mark ending up kneeling makes a lot more sense.
You see conspiracy theories are easier to make up before there are any known facts as facts just tend to limit the possibilities.
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
BritDownUnder wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

I have had a relative commit suicide by hanging himself (while in a hospital) and know first responders that have attended the aftermath of several more. Quite often there is evidence that a survival instinct kicked in when the airway shut off and the brain says "what are you thinking" . Boot marks on the wall, fingers clawed raw trying to free the rope etc.
I suppose one could get enough fall to snap the neck enough on first impact to render the victim unconscious and unable to reconsider but I would think that would leave you prone with feet on the floor and head held off the floor so your body weight completed the task. Ending up on ones knees seems unlikely.
Now if you have two guys helping and pushing you down gently enough to not leave a mark ending up kneeling makes a lot more sense.
You see conspiracy theories are easier to make up before there are any known facts as facts just tend to limit the possibilities.

Apologies to the forum busybodies for the nested quotes but was there really a need for the prison staff (or maybe the deep state) to get rid of Mr Epstein?
Some people would think that his decision to suicide, if indeed it was what happened, would have saved the state a lot of money in legal and court costs.

When Mr Fred West topped himself in the UK he saved probably millions in a court case, barristers, jury hotel costs etc etc when he executed himself.
Our American friends will probably have to google Fred West but I think most UK based people older than 40 will remember his name.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apologies to the forum busybodies for the nested quotes but was there really a need for the prison staff (or maybe the deep state) to get rid of Mr Epstein?

Yes almost certainly. He had numerous powerful people as his guests at his multiple properties over the years with those underage girls present.
Dead men tell no tales and that is just the way those rich and powerful people wanted him to be.
No guards, no cell mate, linen sheets instead of suicide appropriate paper sheets? A bit too many coincidences one would think.
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:
Quote:

Yes almost certainly. He had numerous powerful people as his guests at his multiple properties over the years with those underage girls present.
Dead men tell no tales and that is just the way those rich and powerful people wanted him to be.
No guards, no cell mate, linen sheets instead of suicide appropriate paper sheets? A bit too many coincidences one would think.

Well I never. I would have thought that the erstwhile second in line to the head of state of 16 countries including the UK and a former US President with an eye for the ladies especially young ones really would not have cared about their names being associated with a court case involving such sordid allegations.

Sometimes not having a cellmate in prison works against you I guess. Unless it is a six foot seven randy African American doing life perhaps.

Sometimes the rich and powerful think they can get away with anything, except when the richer and even more powerful are involved.
boisdevie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BritDownUnder wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
Quote:

Well I never. I would have thought that the erstwhile second in line to the head of state of 16 countries including the UK and a former US President with an eye for the ladies especially young ones really would not have cared about their names being associated with a court case involving such sordid allegations.

Sometimes not having a cellmate in prison works against you I guess. Unless it is a six foot seven randy African American doing life perhaps.

Sometimes the rich and powerful think they can get away with anything, except when the richer and even more powerful are involved.

Don't forget that old lady in France who has a thing for underage boys - I think she's called Madame Macron these days.
Potemkin Villager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtsnowedin wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ReserveGrowthRulz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BritDownUnder wrote:

No. But so what? Conspiracies aren't about actual logic and facts and evidence, but about everything that can't be immediately explained, doesn't have photographic backup and 3 priests as eye witnesses.

And even then, in order to create a good conspiracy out of not much of anything, you discount all the facts and evidence, focus on what couldn't be seen on camera, or wasn't touched by a forensic something or another, discredit the priests by their affiliation with organized pedopillia, and presto! Now you can talk up a good conspiracy that fits into whatever handy belief system you have!

In the peak oil world, it was Matt Simmons. For daring to declare peak oil. Not such a smooth move in retrospect, but conspiracies aren't about logic and science and evidence and whatnot, they are about fun! Intellectual games! My scenario is more absurd then yours, so I win!

BritDownUnder wrote:

When Mr Fred West topped himself in the UK he saved probably millions in a court case, barristers, jury hotel costs etc etc when he executed himself.
Our American friends will probably have to google Fred West but I think most UK based people older than 40 will remember his name.

We Americans know exactly what you mean! When some of our more gun happy murders decide to off themselves at the end of their bad act, the amount of money they save the taxpayer is extraordinary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: