PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prideless Society

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Prideless Society Reply with quote

I'm seeing mobile advertising signs. They have feet and hands. Sometimes a head but that's usually covered by a hood. Human billboards. When employing someone becomes so cheap.

When I grow up I want to be an advertisement.

Suppose ideas such as pride will increasingly become old-fashioned and quaint. Can't afford to be prideful. Evil or Very Mad

As I pop out to the food bank.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common in the USA? Meaning of course, yes, modern capitalism forces people debase themselves in such a way. Its sibling is begging.

BTW, it's also prevalent in 'touristy' areas of Ireland, such as Galway and Dublin.
The human appears to have no idea what its ideal diet should be; has self-inflicted diet-related diseases; causes extensive environmental destruction through basic food production & creates pathogenic infestations that widely infect its food supply.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Prideless Society Reply with quote

Snail wrote:
I'm seeing mobile advertising signs. They have feet and hands. Sometimes a head but that's usually covered by a hood. Human billboards. When employing someone becomes so cheap.

When I grow up I want to be an advertisement.

Suppose ideas such as pride will increasingly become old-fashioned and quaint.

You don't get it. Those human billboards are proud to be walking around advertising some corporation or fashion brand. They think it makes them look cool, and are happy to pay three times as much for an item of clothing with a brand name on it than the same item of clothing with nothing written on it.

Ah...you meant actual human billboards. I thought you meant twats walking around with "Nike" written in big letters on their sweatshirts.
Snail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, too true. Poor fools. This type of clothing should cost less, not more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: