PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UKIP WATCH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked But hey ho the important thing is maybe a ukip councillor says something racist or homophobic in a facebook post .

Concentrate on farage and maybe people won't notice you have imported tribes of pedos Shocked

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that's not fair! We've plenty of indigenous paedos y'know!
Little John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without in any way dismissing the very real issue of a medieval attitude to girls and women amongst some ethnic groups whose cultural ancestry hails from particular parts of the world, I'd just reiterate what RC has posted,

Or have you been on Mars for the last year or two Jonny? It appears an influential portion of our [white, Anglo-Saxon] elite have, for decades, been busy ******* vulnerable kids in care and getting top police chiefs to bury the evidence, including even to the extent of the the murder of witnesses, some of those witnesses being kids.
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to look at a couple of things one the industrial style of sex abuse, the vast numbers of men involved, and the cover-up across the community and by the police and political partys, and also the racial aspect .

You could also look at what members of these same communitys are doing in places like syria and iraq basically slavery, its part of their culture .

You dont have 1 in 6 men in the white british community having sex with underage children in a organised system .if white british people were targeting and rapeing muslim girls on this scale I wonder if that would be covered up by anti fascists

You have to think if those sort of numbers of men take part how many people know about it and keep quite, and you have to think well no wonder they have been as a community in league with so called anti fascist scum covering it up for decades .

When channel four a decade ago did a expose of the widespread systematic industrial rape and sale of white children by muslims in the uk you had the threat of riots, and you had unite against fascism trying to stop it from being shown basically brushing abuse under the carpet .

But hey facebook posts by ukip are the important issue of the day, not a million kids being turned into prostitutes

UKIP the EDL the BNP are the only people not involved in this dirty cover-up,

I think we are talking of orders of magnitude greater when you look at grooming and look at the size of the communitys involved . and as the muslim community grows in the uk and europe the problem will grow and grow .

Relationships and marriages fail they also fail on a national level and its better to get divorced and avoid the other party,

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
biffvernon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When asked his opinion on fracking

Colin Mair UKIP candidate Louth & Horncastle wrote:
I had a conversation with a renowned professor of geology who compared the hydrocarbons under our feet to a toxin, saying that these reserves will move around at a geological pace until they reappear, probably in our seas, where they will cause huge damage to the marine ecosystem. She said in our long term interests we should remove these deposits and dispose of them in the safest way.

I am still trying to fathom how the man's mind works.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
When asked his opinion on fracking

Colin Mair UKIP candidate Louth & Horncastle wrote:
I had a conversation with a renowned professor of geology who compared the hydrocarbons under our feet to a toxin, saying that these reserves will move around at a geological pace until they reappear, probably in our seas, where they will cause huge damage to the marine ecosystem. She said in our long term interests we should remove these deposits and dispose of them in the safest way.

I am still trying to fathom how the man's mind works.

I'll add this to the growing list of UKiP bloopers. OK, it's not as original as the others. Who might this mythical 'renowned professor of geology' be?
biffvernon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only conclude that if his story is correct then the renowned professor of geology saw that he was from UKIP and decided, in the interests of science, to test the hypothesis that all UKIP people are bonkers, so told him some nonsense to see if he noticed.
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly UKIP are not strong on environmental issues. A bit like the Green Party not being strong on immigration and defence. Laughing
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an interesting article on Al Jazeera this morning.

The article covered a small Polish town shrinking because the inhabitants are emigrating, mainly to the UK.

Nothing out the ordinary here, you might think, until they had some Polish professor on there bemoaning the fact that they can't stop them leaving. Surely, if they are so bothered about them leaving, shouldn't they be lobbying for Poland to leave the EU?

Saying that, the EU is going to 'lend' the locality over 100M Euro to help 'stem' the tide. Really, you couldn't make this up.......

Also, as Poland's economy is not doing too bad (in the service sector at least), why would the inhabitants of these small towns not just relocate to more prosperous parts of the country? Surely that's easier than coming all the way to the UK?
Tarrel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutomaticEarth wrote:
Quite an interesting article on Al Jazeera this morning.

The article covered a small Polish town shrinking because the inhabitants are emigrating, mainly to the UK.

Nothing out the ordinary here, you might think, until they had some Polish professor on there bemoaning the fact that they can't stop them leaving. Surely, if they are so bothered about them leaving, shouldn't they be lobbying for Poland to leave the EU?

Saying that, the EU is going to 'lend' the locality over 100M Euro to help 'stem' the tide. Really, you couldn't make this up.......

Also, as Poland's economy is not doing too bad (in the service sector at least), why would the inhabitants of these small towns not just relocate to more prosperous parts of the country? Surely that's easier than coming all the way to the UK?

Well, I was talking to my barber yesterday and she told me she had been approached by a young Polish chap who was interested in learning the trade. "What does he do now?" I asked. Turns out he's a computer programmer by training, but came to the UK on spec. just looking for any job.

She went on to say that he had told her the reason many Polish people are coming here is high levels of taxation in Poland, not necessarily low wages. Apparently they have some kind of tax that has to be paid, even if the person is out of work (like a poll tax, I suppose). His view was that the taxation leaves very little disposable income.

I'd not come across this reasoning before and found it interesting. I am half-Polish and have family back there. As far as I am aware, there didn't use to be a punitive tax regime in Poland.
clv101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Poland has a significantly lower overall tax rate than the UK (34% GDP vs 39%) but it's quite possible that some groups experience relatively high rates.
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Poland your ex-boyfriend, whom you have left because he was thoughtless enough to get you up the duff, can then shop you for trying to have a termination. You then end up with an unwanted kid and a prison record (if you survive prison).

This provides an excellent reason for about 50% of their working popultion to leave. If they want them to stay on, better change the law.
3rdRock

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's good news?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32633719

Quote:
Nigel Farage resigns as UKIP leader

Very Happy One less reptile to worry about.
Tarrel

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rdRock wrote:
Today's good news?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32633719

Quote:
Nigel Farage resigns as UKIP leader

Very Happy One less reptile to worry about.

I thought the choice of interim leader was interesting (Suzanne Evans). Could this be the start of a scramble for female leaders among the losing parties?

One of the defining images of the campaign for me was the "group hug" at the end of the Leaders' debate between Leanne Wood, Natalie Bennett and Nicola Sturgeon. Such a counterpoint to the testosterone-fuelled skirmishes characteristic of our politics.

(And, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm making this observation as a male)
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had someone from outside the UK posing a really good question:

'How come from a vote-share basis that the SNP can have over 50 seats and UKIP have 1 seat even though they have over 15% of the vote'?

I said 'First past the post buddy, first past the post'.

They said 'what's that?'

I said 'Exactly buddy'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: