PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UKIP WATCH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortfall wrote:
stevecook172001 wrote:
Whilst I have no love of UKIP, they are being subjected to the same MSM propaganda onslaught that is waged against any and all voices that differ from the MSM line. And so, if people wish to cheer this kind of MSM campaign, those same people have no right to complain when it is waged against voices they do agree with.

Rubbish!

If a few more folk had treated Hitler and his cronies with derision, thirties Germany could have been a different place.

Farage and his henchmen, like the BNP and EDL, need to be treated with the scorn that they so richly deserve. They represent a cancer which needs to be eradicated in this, the twenty first century.
The intelligentsia in pre-WW2 Germany did treat Hitler with a dangerously complacent derision, all the while he was busy building his political base up with a desperate proletariat, whose real concerns were not being met by a largely deaf intelligentsia who, no doubt, viewed their proletariat as the 1930's cultural equivalent of ignorant "sheeple", a term often used far too freely by some people on here to describe the admittedly sometimes incoherent, but nevertheless, very real concerns of the proletariat today. Hitler succeed by filling the political vacuum left by that intelligentsia.

Sound familiar?

And you think people like Farage can be derided into political oblivion? Wake up, for ****'s sake.
3rdRock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevecook172001 wrote:
Shortfall wrote:
stevecook172001 wrote:
Whilst I have no love of UKIP, they are being subjected to the same MSM propaganda onslaught that is waged against any and all voices that differ from the MSM line. And so, if people wish to cheer this kind of MSM campaign, those same people have no right to complain when it is waged against voices they do agree with.

Rubbish!

If a few more folk had treated Hitler and his cronies with derision, thirties Germany could have been a different place.

Farage and his henchmen, like the BNP and EDL, need to be treated with the scorn that they so richly deserve. They represent a cancer which needs to be eradicated in this, the twenty first century.
The intelligentsia in pre-WW2 Germany did treat Hitler with a dangerously complacent derision, all the while he was busy building his political base up with a desperate proletariat, whose real concerns were not being met by a largely deaf intelligentsia who, no doubt, viewed their proletariat as the 1930's cultural equivalent of ignorant "sheeple", a term often used far too freely by some people on here to describe the admittedly sometimes incoherent, but nevertheless, very real concerns of the proletariat today.

Sound familiar?

I'm sorry you don't like the term 'sheeple', how about 'gullible'?

If it takes a concerted effort by the MSM to belittle Farage and his dubious colleagues, I, for one, haven't got a problem with that. The proletariat, as you like to call them, need educating about this wolf in a sheeple's clothing before he and UKIP become more of a force to be reckoned with.

BTW, having studied the politics of 30's Germany at length, I don't need a history lesson from you, or anybody else for that matter, on the rise of Hitler and his band of bigots.
3rdRock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11310135/Nigel-Farage-and-Ukips-crybabies-need-to-learn-to-take-criticism.html

Quote:
Nigel Farage and Ukip's crybabies need to learn to take criticism

The response to the Nicholas Fromage game is yet another reminder that Ukip can dish it out, but they can't take it
3rdRock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30592072

Quote:
UKIP's Roger Bird to quit general secretary post
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgy bedfellows: a Reckless attempt in The Ecologist to acquire some fluffiness.
biffvernon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They let all sorts of people write in The Ecologist these days Wink
http://www.theecologist.org/blogs_and_comments/commentators/2670946/population_matters_women_matter_more.html
Little John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help me, I don't even know where to start with your article. Causes confused with effects or, at best, correlations. all mixed together with the usual politician's manner of implying all people who might suggest ideas to the contrary are bigots or worse by the judicious citation of bigots or worse at just the right juncture in the text so that the reader is left in little doubt as to the implication being made.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the quote from Conservative Home though. It shows how desperate these twits are when such utter drivel is the best they can do. It spotlights the intelligence levels of the writer and the audience the writer expects.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
They let all sorts of people write in The Ecologist these days Wink

They certainly do.
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Mobbsey Go!

If only he was more widely published.
biffvernon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good piece (Paul's one). Smile
emordnilap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffvernon wrote:
The Green Party could soon have more members than U***
Come on you lot, make it happen.

https://my.greenparty.org.uk/civicrm/membership/joining

Prices start at a fiver per year.

Some reform required elsewhere too

Quote:
Ofcom said on Thursday the Green Party doesnt have enough support to qualify for the major parties list. By contrast, it said the Euroskeptic UK Independence Party (UKIP) has demonstrated a greater degree of support.

biffvernon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising intervention from Cameron, but I suppose UKIP are more of a threat to the Tories than the Greens...
AutomaticEarth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A UKIP MEP (Amjad Basir) is off to the Tories....but UKIP said they'd already suspended him....
emordnilap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKiP is 'most hated brand in the UK'. Laughing

Not much different to the other hard-right 'brands'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: