PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebola outbreak, and other potential epidemics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little John

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both I and UE explained (and others also) precisely our objections (not to Biff's position - but to the use of vacuous virtue signaling as an attempt to shut down debate) ad nauseam to Biff. To be faced, in response, with a doubling down of the use of the "bigot" and "racist" cards by him.

All of which led to an absolutely inevitable exasperation with him by not only UE and myself, but others as well.
woodburner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does that justify verbal abuse then?

Ken Livingstone has been accused, wrongly, of being anti-semetic, or making anti-semitic remarks. That just shows how ignorant his accusers are. Even if anti-Jewish remarks are made, it depends about which Jews they are. The Jews to which the term “anti-semetic” applies is desendants of Shem, son of Abraham, this includes the Palestinians. It doesn’t include the European Jews who largely took up the faith under duress. Howerer, that aside, Ken Livingstone has never been abusive to these uneducated accusers.
Little John

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't verbally abuse him. I did vociferously point out the utterly disgusting disgrace of his attempt to paint those who would not agree with him as de-facto racist, and I did so in no uncertain terms. Others must speak for themselves.

You are going to need to specify precisely what you think abuse actually is, since I would definitely define the false characterization of others as racist on the back of a cheap and shabby debating tactic as wholly and unambiguously abusive and, in being so, any robust response to such a disgraceful (mis)characterization, as entirely appropriate and legitimate.

There are few things more incendiary that one might accuse others of in the world than racism or pedophillia or, to a perhaps lesser extent, sexism. Or, at least in my moral landscape. So, I make no apology whatsoever for having responded in the most robust terms to such accusations, made by Biff Vernon, either implied or direct, in the absence of a single shred of evidence.

Accusations that were made occasionally directly, or implied snidely, repeatedly despite repeated and detailed explanations of why such accusations were both groundless and, in being so, deeply objectionable.

To repeat, (ad nauseam) my problem with Biff Vernon was not his position. It was his repeated assertion, implied and actual, that anyone who did not share his position was racist, by definition
Little John

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
So does that justify verbal abuse then?

Ken Livingstone has been accused, wrongly, of being anti-semetic, or making anti-semitic remarks. That just shows how ignorant his accusers are. Even if anti-Jewish remarks are made, it depends about which Jews they are. The Jews to which the term “anti-semetic” applies is desendants of Shem, son of Abraham, this includes the Palestinians. It doesn’t include the European Jews who largely took up the faith under duress. Howerer, that aside, Ken Livingstone has never been abusive to these uneducated accusers.
Well, actually, that is precisely what Ken Livingston has been accused of by others who wish to use his "antisemitic abuse" as a reason to shut him up on the issue of Israel and Palestine in precisely the same way that Biff Vernon attempted to use "racism" as a means of shutting up debate on the issue of mass migration and border controls on this forum

They have succeeded.

Biff Vernon did not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: