PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many of you have written a letter to your MP recently?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Campaign ideas & experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of you have written a letter to your MP recently?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: How many of you have written a letter to your MP recently? Reply with quote

I made the point in another thread that we should write to our MPs to complain or inform them of the information which we discuss here. We are informed of some cutting edge research here in environmental concerns, stuff which most MPs will never hear of, want to hear of or will deliberately turn a blind eye to, so we should pass it on so that they can't do any of those things.

"When the last tree is cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find out that you cannot eat money". --The Cree Indians
biffvernon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a bias inherent in this poll. Those who don't bother writing to their MP may not bother to vote in this poll. Smile
woodburner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As may those who do write. I rarely even look at this section.
emordnilap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write to MPs ('TDs' over here) relatively often - really write on paper, in addition to e-mailing them. I've written to town and county councils, MEPs, newspapers and companies too. There's also involvement in campaigns and going on marches and protests, which is part of it but few do it.

Some will, of course, automatically assume 'oh, someone with too much time on their hands' or 'a busybody' - without having a shred of justification. I see it as being engaged in issues which directly affect my world and that of others. Don't forget, if you don't vote, someone votes on your behalf.

It's not always negative involvement either - you have to also praise people who do the right thing.
The human appears to have no idea what its ideal diet should be; has self-inflicted diet-related diseases; causes extensive environmental destruction through basic food production & creates pathogenic infestations that widely infect its food supply.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like more have voted than written, so at least people can be bothered to vote. Maybe they've written to their MPs rather than on here. Am I being too optimistic?

"When the last tree is cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find out that you cannot eat money". --The Cree Indians
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Campaign ideas & experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: