PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is HUGE! Chevron has ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerSwitchJames

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of them is up!

http://www.powerswitch.org.uk/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=6&id=36&Itemid=39
JLefrere

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for that Very Happy

I have two more PDFs finished, I'll email them over (trying not to hijack this thread).

Not exactly chevron quality work but at least we've got the facts right.
baylights

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Chevron motive Reply with quote

Here's a possible motive for Chevron's sudden apparent acceptance of a PO mindset: Unocal. Bear with me. Chevron is now in a "takeover battle" (see NY Times article for phraseology, registration required, at [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/business/worldbusiness/05chevron.html?ei=5070&en=47a82e9d017d4d1c&ex=1122091200&adxnnl=1&oref=login&fta=y&adxnnlx=1121920140-K20h0GRBYNL6D9Tib5WWUw)]LINK[/url]
with China National Offshore Corporation, which has bid substantially more than Chveron to acquire Unocal. One of Chveron's angles in getting a leg up on the acquisition of UC is to foment concern about PO among the general public in order to increase public pressure on elected representatives, some of who, according to the Times article above, have already "painted the Chinese offer as a threat to America's national security." Since Chveron probably cannot, or would rather not, engage in a bidding war with CNOC, it is attempting to use political channels to accomplish its goals.

Chveron probably will go back to business as usual (for as long as it can) after its tactics either succeed or fail. My guess is the foregoing at least has something to do with Chevron's new found embrace of PO rather than any sea change within Chevron itself.
Sky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chevron home page http://www.chevron.com/ has this advertising campagin displayed prominantly with more material on their own website.
Also I now realise that Texeco are a part of Chevron. I'd go there for my petrol if I had a car.

baylights,
their probably is an element of that, but I think that now thier toes are in the water it will be harder for them to take them out again and also even if they are pretending, they may well end up convincing themselves simply becasue they have had to research it in more depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: