PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catweazle wrote:
sushil_yadav wrote:

Little John / careful eugene........what are you going to do with this information?

I imagine they will ignore it, as it doesn't fit their expectations.

Very Happy
woodburner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushil_yadav wrote:

I didn't marry.........I don't have kids.

Little John / careful eugene........what are you going to do with this information?

There are lots of people who didn’t/haven’t married, plenty of them have kids, many even have children, some have both.
sushil_yadav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in industrial society was not even an option.......Agrarian society was the limit for man on earth.......Millions of other species destroyed environment only for food.......Industrial man has destroyed environment for food, clothing, shelter PLUS thousands of consumer goods and services.......Industrial society which runs on electricity and oil has existed for only hundred years.......Hundred years of industrial activity has destroyed what was created by nature in millions of years.

For millions of years there was just one main activity / occupation on earth - searching for food / producing food.......Urban population of industrial society is the anomaly.......It is producing consumer goods and services.

For hundred years the urban population of industrial society has been fooling the non-urban population with figures and terminologies.......Progress, Development, Growth Rate, Economy Rate, GDP.

If Urban Society stops its supplies to Rural Society it will live forever.
If Rural Society stops its supplies to Urban Society it will die within a month.
That is the worth of Urban Jobs, Consumer Goods, Growth Rate, Economy Rate and GDP.

Urban jobs and professions have destroyed the planet.
The entire urban population of industrial society is criminal.
The crime goes unchecked because 50% of world population is now urban.
The crime goes unchecked because urban population is running the system.

What do you do when 50% of world population is criminal?.......How does society deal with criminals.......It forcibly stops their destructive work, sends them to jail and gives them food for free......What do you do when 50% of world population is criminal?

Give free food to the urban population but immediately stop urban work for production of thousands of consumer goods........A fraction of world population is already producing food for entire population.

For millions of years, both adults and the offspring of millions of animal species "searched for food".

For 1 million years in hunter_gatherer society both adults and children "searched for food".

For 10,000 years in agrarian society, most of the adults and children "produced food"

In industrial society which has only existed for 100 years, urban adults are producing consumer goods and services in industries and corporations..........Their children go to schools and universities where they learn how to produce and sell consumer goods in future.

This planet is very small........Just 40,000 km in circumference.

Millions of other species destroyed environment only for food.

Forest man destroyed environment only for food.

Agrarian man destroyed environment for food, clothing and shelter.

Industrial man has destroyed environment for food, clothing, shelter PLUS thousands of consumer goods and services.

Industrial man has destroyed Exponential Extra Environment.

The collective work of human society must be limited to food, clothing and shelter.........Millions of other species only get food from earth.

Millions of other species have already been decimated by industrial activity.......More than 99% of collapse has already happened......Man is next on the list.......Human collapse will come with lightning speed now.

Last edited by sushil_yadav on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah welcome back s_y, we’ve missed you.

Happy new year, as we say in this area. Hope you have a great year!
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushil we would have a bit more respect for your wish for the rest of us to go back to stone age living if you adopted that strategy yourself and stopped using computers and electricity to implore us to go backwards in time.

If you posted Youtube videos of you living a stone age life and showing us how to do the same we would be more impressed. There are others who already do this but one more would not go amiss.
sushil_yadav

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are alive today because thousands of your ancestors survived for hundreds of thousands of years without computers and electricity.......Millions of other species lived on earth for millions of years without computers and electricity.

Life exists because of nature not because of computers and electricity.

Production of computers, electricity and thousands of other consumer goods and services has destroyed nature.

After destroying nature humans will not even exist on earth.

Who will produce computers and electricity on a dead planet???

Who will use computers and electricity on a dead planet???

For hundred years the urban population of industrial society has been fooling the non-urban population with figures and terminologies.......Progress, Development, Growth Rate, Economy Rate, GDP.

If Urban Society stops its supplies to Rural Society it will live forever.
If Rural Society stops its supplies to Urban Society it will die within a month.
That is the worth of Urban Jobs, Consumer Goods, Growth Rate, Economy Rate and GDP.

Urban jobs and professions have destroyed the planet.
The entire urban population of industrial society is criminal.
The crime goes unchecked because 50% of world population is now urban.
The crime goes unchecked because urban population is running the system.

Last edited by sushil_yadav on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
sushil_yadav

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choice is between existence and non-existence.......Continue with the present lifestyle and you will see the human species going out of existence within the next few years.

Industrial consumer goods have existed for just about hundred years......Life has existed on earth for millions of years........This planet was doing fine without industrial consumer goods for millions of years.

Did I ever claim that I am not a part of society that has destroyed environment???

Anyone who is born in industrial society becomes a part of the destructive system.

Can't an alcoholic say alcohol is harmful?

Can't a smoker say cigarettes are harmful?

Computers are being used in industrial society because they are being manufactured by industrial society..........Was anyone using computer in pre-industrial society when it was not being manufactured???

Billions of industrial citizens are destroying environment every moment........They have to be made aware that their jobs, professions and activities are destroying environment........How do environmental activists reach these people to convey the message.........Via Pigeon Mail???.......They have to use computers to reach all the people who are destroying the planet.

Pre-industrial society did not destroy environment.......No activism was needed to save environment in pre-industrial society........Computers were not needed to save environment in pre-industrial society.........Environment got saved automatically in the absence of industrial activity.

The issue is environmental destruction, not what I like or dislike.

Will environmental destruction stop if I stop using the computer???

Millions of industries and corporations are destroying the planet moment by moment..........Will all these industries stop destroying environment if I stop using consumer goods???

Billions of people are not using the computer today.........Even this has not saved environment because billions of other people are using the computer and thousands of other consumer goods and services whose production has destroyed environment.

Individual lifestyle changes DO NOT save environment.
It is what the society does COLLECTIVELY that matters.
sushil_yadav

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think computers and smart phones are necessary for life then you should stop using nature to keep yourself alive.

Why do you breathe the air?

Why do you drink the water?

Why do you eat the food that comes from fertile soil, water, air and sunlight?

Why don't you have computers for breakfast, lunch and dinner???

If you don't get consumer goods you will not die.

If you don't get food to eat you will die in a month.
If you don't get water to drink you will die in a week.
If you don't get air to breathe you will die in a few minutes.

emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you s_y.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S_Y
Food is a consumer good along with clothing and shelter.
It is +10 degrees F here at my house this morning. Without the house with its fire in the furnace and the clothes on my back I would not have made it through the night.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushil, if you read anyone else's posts on this forum you would be aware that we are already aware of all that you post here. We are here to have a discussion about the problems and the best way to overcome the problems rather than preach to others as you do. I can't remember you ever contributing to any of the other discussions on the forum so we are a bit peeved when you tell us all that we are doing wrong when you are doing many of those things yourself.

Nowhere did I say that I thought computers and smart phones were an essential for life although a computer with an internet connection or a smart phone is essential to contribute to this forum. That just shows how little interest you have in actually communicating with others.
sushil_yadav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say urban population has destroyed this planet it refers to the entire urban population of this world not just the members of Power Switch Forum......I am also urban.

I first started writing about environment and related issues about 20 years ago.......My initial posts were just about one page long......I posted in many Discussion Forums and other sites.......Because of the large number of postings I had to primarily restrict myself to replying to comments on my own thread.......These days I mostly write on facebook.

Millions of other species did not destroy environment for millions of years......They had zero debate on environment.

Humans lived in forests for hundreds of thousands of years without destroying environment......They had zero debate on environment.

Humans lived in agrarian society for about 10,000 years destroying very little environment.......They had almost zero debate on environment.

Humans have lived in industrial society for just about hundred years during which they have destroyed most of the planet.......They have billions of pages of debate on environment.

Billions of pages of debate on environment........Hardly any environment left on earth.
woodburner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably diseases that kept the population in check, helped by a limited food supply. Then people started to clean up their living conditions and in the last 100 years death rates from common diseases have plummitted. That and the increase in food supply, mainly acheived using fossil fuels.
vtsnowedin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushil_yadav wrote:
When I say urban population has destroyed this planet it refers to the entire urban population of this world not just the members of Power Switch Forum......I am also urban.

I first started writing about environment and related issues about 20 years ago.......My initial posts were just about one page long......I posted in many Discussion Forums and other sites.......Because of the large number of postings I had to primarily restrict myself to replying to comments on my own thread.......These days I mostly write on facebook.

Millions of other species did not destroy environment for millions of years......They had zero debate on environment.

Humans lived in forests for hundreds of thousands of years without destroying environment......They had zero debate on environment.

Humans lived in agrarian society for about 10,000 years destroying very little environment.......They had almost zero debate on environment.

Humans have lived in industrial society for just about hundred years during which they have destroyed most of the planet.......They have billions of pages of debate on environment.

Billions of pages of debate on environment........Hardly any environment left on earth.

Debate is just talk and talk is cheap. No amount of debate will effect the subject one way or the other so it's volume is not worth measuring.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodburner wrote:
It was probably diseases that kept the population in check, helped by a limited food supply. Then people started to clean up their living conditions and in the last 100 years death rates from common diseases have plummitted. That and the increase in food supply, mainly acheived using fossil fuels.

One of the things that has caused death rates to drop is mass vaccination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Government and Society All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59

Jump to: