PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last night i tried to get the word out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Campaign ideas & experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smiffy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Last night i tried to get the word out! Reply with quote

Yesterday i posted on BBC.com remarks on a forum about Iraqi elections and how the evidence that Bush admiits was flawed was cooked by his own administration.

That evening i got a call from the BBC who asked me to be on a debate taking place at 7.30 PM on BBC world service. I ended up debating with an air headed American lady who seemed to think that europeans hate Americans and that Dubya has brought freedom and democracy to Iraq and stopped the torture and the killing and rape!

I was quick to rebute her and tell all around the world who listen to the BBC world service, that Bush doesnt give a shit about Iraqi democracy otherwise he would be taking out Mugabe and castro and that the real reason for the war was petro dollar hedgmony/recycling and peak oil.

I managed to say peak oil around 3 or 4 times. I was just hoping that some of them of those cool aid drinkers actually googled peak oil and petro dollar recyling and now quite possibly are connecting the DOTS?

some chance!

BBC was quick to cut me off, i think they saw it as off topic as the program was about the elections, however i think it all fits into the big picture.

Thanks

Smiffy

www.visitmalta.com
PowerSwitchJames

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Smiffy - all part of making the phrase 'Peak Oil' seem part of common vocabulary.

'Being green is not what you think, it is what you do.'
smiffy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

just trying to raise awarness. Once it goes mainstream there be a lot of people asking our reps what they plan to do, and maybe we can get some coherant policy going or a year zero plan? at least thought out, so that when the shit hits the fan we can at least be a bit more prepared than not prepared at all,

secondly, i'm getting outta Malta next march, completley unsubstanable here, if anyone wants to know why and why small resourceless islands will get whacked first, just ask me.

I am in quite a good situation to advise you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Campaign ideas & experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: