PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Volume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Traffic Volume Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed any difference this side of the shuck, our road doesn't seem as busy though it might only be wishful thinking on my part!
Keela

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

School's out!

Although I see more cyclists these days at rush hour times.... so maybe.
Brad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much at school time -going or coming home-more after 6pm. I think a lot of people are beginning to think and plan their travel.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't noticed anything here in the Emerald Isle...

School's out so it's better for me cycling to work but there's still wodges of FUVs and boy racers, council workers sitting in vans with engines running, people moaning about lack of car parking, travel agents busy, CO2 emissions climbing.

No, life as usual.
GordyJ1984

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in Belfast for a year and then travelling to Ards everyday for work, I would have drove in the mornings. Then I blew a gasket in my car, during rush-hour over the Albert Bridge not a nice experience for a relatively inexperienced car driver and not much attuned to driving nuances.

From December 08 I used the bus to get to Ards. June 2008 I got a Belfast job but moved back home to near Dungannon, no keep my driving to the bare minimum to the bus station and back. The travelling sickens my head but at least I aint driving.

I truly believe that if the government introduced a decent rail service and subsidised it and had more places of work around train stations that the amount of traffic on the roads could be reduced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Ireland All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: