PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jihad Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're designed to stop a truck so a car shouldn't have caused them any problems.
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Independent: Westminster bridge NOT thought to be terrorism according to investigators
cubes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people would give him a medal for running over cyclists rather than an attempted murder charge Rolling Eyes Sad
Little John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberry-blower wrote:
Independent: Westminster bridge NOT thought to be terrorism according to investigators
So, let's see...

Location - Target - Modus operandi

Terrorism?

No... of course not...

Nothing to see here... Laughing
Lord Beria3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest I read is that they think he did it for a political statement.

So presumably still terrorist related?
BritDownUnder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite surprised that he supposedly wanted to get a visa to visit the country he was seeking asylum from only a few short years ago.
Lord Beria3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/what-its-like-to-live-in-the-birmingham-neighbourhood-that-has-produced-a-tenth-of-the-uks-convicted-islamic-terrorists_uk_5b782f4fe4b05906b4142637?guccounter=1

Interesting article on the enclave within Birmingham that has bred a 10th of Britain's convicted Islamist terrorists.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46147581

Believed to be holy jihad.
A man attacked several passers by with a knife and torched a vehicle containing gas cylinders which did not explode as was presumably the intention.
One victim reported to be dead and others wounded.
The police killed the attacker before he could take more lives.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be "nice" to taser and catch these terrorists alive and put them on trial so that they face "justice" and a, hopefully, very long prison sentence. From a more practical point it is probably better to shoot them dead so we don't have the cost of interrogation, trial, incarceration and parole and also there can be no hostage taking to secure their release at a later date and no grooming of vulnerable people in jail. The terrorist also gets a truly "life" sentence rather than 15 to 20 years that they might even serve if we are lucky.
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK trains Saudi t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ combatants.
Little John

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenneal - lagger wrote:
It would be "nice" to taser and catch these terrorists alive and put them on trial so that they face "justice" and a, hopefully, very long prison sentence. From a more practical point it is probably better to shoot them dead so we don't have the cost of interrogation, trial, incarceration and parole and also there can be no hostage taking to secure their release at a later date and no grooming of vulnerable people in jail. The terrorist also gets a truly "life" sentence rather than 15 to 20 years that they might even serve if we are lucky.
For me, it comes down to a simple principle. If enemy combatants attack servicemen whilst on duty, then it is an act of war. Such combatants may or may not, of course, be killed in action and, if they are not, then they are subject to the rules of war.

If such combatants, however, target civilians for the express purpose of demoralizing said civilian population, they are terrorists and, as far as I am concerned, that removes any rights whatsoever. Just put them up against a wall and shoot the fuckers.

I hold this principle universally and so fully recognize that when our own soldiers have been sent to kill civilians, they have no right to expect mercy if they are caught.

Last edited by Little John on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that under the Geneva convention, that enemy combatants in uniform enjoy certain rights and privileges and may not be executed. They can of course be killed in combat, but not executed afterwards.

Spies and saboteurs who are not in uniform may be simply executed. It seems to me that terrorists who are NOT in uniform, and ARE carrying out sabotage may therefore be killed in combat, or executed afterwards.

I am in favour of killing them in combat if possible.

I would support the execution of terrorists who survive "combat" If terrorists are imprisoned, then I see a significant risk of future hostage taking to secure their release.

I would not support execution for holding abhorrent views, but only for actual terrorist acts.
Little John

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that pretty much sums up my position as well Adam.
boisdevie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd fully support execution and I'd be happy to pull the trigger.
jonny2mad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/grooming-gangs-rotherham-suspects-victims-girls-rape-uk-nca-prosecutions-a8609511.html worth reading and then looking at the figures and asking whats the elephant in the room . the independent say 1500 victims actually I think its 1523 case files existing . and they have 420 suspects but thats from 290 victims that are engaging with the police out of those 1523 victims, actually even the 1523 is a underestimate according to the gov reports . anyway logically if all the victims engaged with the police you would expect the numbers of men involved in abuse to go up you could work out how many men you would expect by looking at the ratio of victims to abusers . anyway I would guess a few thousand abusers just in Rotherham .

Now we get to the elephant in the room and what Ive pointed out for ages and lost at least 50 friends over .What the independent doesn't mention and you would think someone would is what percentage that is of the local community involved do a google search size of Muslim community or Pakistani community Rotherham I found 7,912 in 2011 for Pakistani and Kashmiri community . Now this is back of a envelop but follow me half of that number will be male so 3956, half of those will be young children or very old infirm men who wont be involved, although they were using young children to target the children in the first place . but say 2000 men of a age that they could be involved and prosecuted . and you have a couple of thousand men involved . thats practically every man in that community involved the other elephant in the room is this just Rotherham or is the same problem happening across the country , and what can you do about it if it is . it will cost £90 million to investigate this small group of 420 in Rotherham what the police budget . what do you do if this is as widespread and a national problem . Ive been saying this for ages but that independent article and their 420 suspects from 290 victims with the vast majority of victims not talking to the police gives you a idea why we have a problem .

This is why you have hate crime laws on speech and they have jailed 3 people over it and tried to jail 4 people .

optimism is cowardice oswald spengler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: