PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the frack thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fracking temporarily suspended for third time as micro quakes are triggered. I expect the government to relax the regulations in the next few days on the intensity of quake which requires fracking to stop.

a 0.8 quake is about the same as a car passing 100m away (my guess). Previously a 4.0 (?) quake was triggered, which is about a heavy truck at 10 metres (again, my guess)

These small quakes seem like the least significant reason to halt fracking, but I can think of far more important reasons that this government runs rough-shod over.
fuzzy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a 4 quake in Leicestershire about 8 years ago and there was the odd bit of building damage - tiles etc. I was lying down at the time and the bed definitely shook [not due to my efforts!]

OK 16 years ago:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-139475/Earthquake-shakes-Britain.html
RenewableCandy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's been one since: Market Weighton, 2007 or 8 or 9, can't remember. It was in the middle of the night - the evening had been windy but the night was still. The quake woke me, I thought it was wind buffeting our house (the bedroom faces west), till I realised how quiet it was.
PS_RalphW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt a quake in Worcestershire back in the 1980s. About 6am, it woke me because things were rattling on the shelves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: