PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guerilla Gardening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theeggman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Guerilla Gardening Reply with quote

I love this idea.

http://www.primalseeds.org/guerrilla.htm

Don't tell anyone it's me, but things are going to start sprouting around here!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: guerilla gardening Reply with quote

Yes, it's a great idea.
Or it seemed like a good idea at the time, but after many hard initial months of cultivation, the web update manager seems to have had a couple of years off, possibly to smoke the fruits of his labour... Wink
theeggman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great idea only last week when Cre8 Summat made a beautiful garden and relaxation space in a derelict inner city area. It'll provide a beautiful space and possibly food too.
Rach121

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea.
I'm going to put some of these suggestions into practice. Our local police station front yard could do with brightening up. Actually, my children's school sorely needs a lovely garden and the kids could benefit from actually seeing vegetables growing. Smile
theeggman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rach - that's a wonderful idea. Every school should have a garden. I'd love to hear how you get on.

We have a community centre in our village and everone is always saying "wouldn't it look better with a few plants and a couple of hanging baskets" but no-one ever does anything about it. I suppose we are always waiting for "them" to either do something or to give us permission! You know when someone in a street, village or town starts the ball rolling by tidying up their front yard and putting a few baskets of flowers outside, somehow it's catching and more people join in and the whole area becomes transformed. As each project is noticed by others, then they might be encouraged to 'green up' their area. It's one enjoyable way of getting more plants and less derelict/empty spaces onto our planet.

I thought what happened in Glasgow last week was a wonderful example of how people can work together from all parts of the world without anyone being in charge, you can read Starhawk's accounts of it at:
http://www.starhawk.org/activism/activism-writings/G8_2005_3.html
http://www.starhawk.org/activism/activism-writings/G8_2005_4.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: