PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assange Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
UndercoverElephant wrote:
Little John wrote:
We should all be under no illusions, by now, the the "legal processes" we have hitherto come to rely upon as setting a limit on state actions, to the extent they ever really existed, are gone now.

The gloves are off, the veil has been lifted and no outcome is discountable.

Very hard to predict, but there's definitely a risk for his tormentors that the more badly they treat him, the worse will be the outcome for them too. He's not an enemy combatant, and he's not even a US citizen who has broken a US law. For the US to illegally detain and punish a person recognised by the UN as a political prisoner would go well beyond anything the US has previously done. Similarly, if he suffered some unusual "accident" the same would apply - too many people would be waiting for it to happen. I think the political price the US would pay would be too high even for them.

It seems more likely that they'll try to find some way to shut him up that doesn't involve incarcerating him, if that is possible. Their best bet is to try to minimise the future damage he can do, perhaps by offering to leave him alone if he agrees to shut up.
The British ruling class has been holding him as a political prisoner for years on behalf of its Yank master. That same British ruling class is currently engaged in a false flag with two Russians, one of which is a Russian citizen. - effectively holding them hostage - denied access to consular services and, in the case of the daughter, denied access to even extended family members who wish to visit her. Meanwhile, the Yanks are currently digging in with bases in Syria in direct contravention of the wishes of the Syrian state and in direct contravention of any international rules. and, in the last few days, a blatent false flag in the form of yet another "chemical attack by the Syrian state" is being perpetrated by the Yanks and their cover on the ground the "white helmets". Simultaneously, the Israelis have used this as a pretext to shell Syrian government positions......

(allegedly)
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thoughtleader.co.za/bertolivier/2018/04/09/julian-assange-and-injustice/
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndercoverElephant wrote:
http://thoughtleader.co.za/bertolivier/2018/04/09/julian-assange-and-injustice/

Excellent, thanks UE.

This Slavoj Žižek mentioned there seems like a good guy, despite writing for The Guardian occasionally. Laughing

Does anyone know the best source for his articles?
raspberry-blower

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of interesting posts at Automatic Earth:

I am Julian Assange

Have we all been silenced?
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Assange travesty is coming to a head, I suspect.
johnhemming2

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
The Assange travesty is coming to a head, I suspect.

In the sense that he will leave the Embassy, be arrested for breach of bail conditions probably go to jail for a couple of years and then be released.

I did deal with some people who escaped from the UK to Zimbabwe who were living in the Zimbabwean embassy. The courts were quite surprised because they were subject to port alerts.
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's over:

http://en.apa.az/world-news/america-news/ecuador-to-withdraw-asylum-for-assange.html
Little John

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was him, I would top myself at this point in as public a manner as possible as one last "fuck you" to the bastards
UndercoverElephant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little John wrote:
If I was him, I would top myself at this point in as public a manner as possible as one last "fuck you" to the bastards

He can't even do that. He wouldn't get further than 200 metres from the embassy.

I expect there is now going to be a long, drawn-out legal battle to fight extradition to the US, unless Trump pardons him (which is not inconcievable).

Last edited by UndercoverElephant on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
fuzzy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect him to get Seth Riched like this guy:

https://truepundit.com/intel-operative-who-altered-obamas-passport-records-turned-fbi-informant-on-boss-john-brennan-then-turned-up-murdered-in-d-c/
woodburner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extradition to the US will allow torture and execution, but then the UK government doesn’t give a stuff. What is perplexing is the vrious governments are lying toadies, exposed justifyably by Wikileaks, yet they still have the gall to pretend tjey are in the right, and Assange is portrayed as the criminal. The people at the top of this shit pile should be ashamed of themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61

Jump to: