PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

post-Paris, TEQs' time has come at long last

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: post-Paris, TEQs' time has come at long last Reply with quote

It's long overdue for TEQs (or a comparable system) to be implemented. Paris and all the talking shops gone before would have been unnecessary if an emissions entitlement system had been put in place at the appropriate time.

Suggestions from supporters of such schemes for furthering their progress, please. I will be emailing Irish TDs and MEPs for a start.
Shaun Chamberlin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: post-Paris, TEQs' time has come at long last Reply with quote

emordnilap wrote:
It's long overdue for TEQs (or a comparable system) to be implemented. Paris and all the talking shops gone before would have been unnecessary if an emissions entitlement system had been put in place at the appropriate time.

Suggestions from supporters of such schemes for furthering their progress, please. I will be emailing Irish TDs and MEPs for a start.

Hear hear, emordnilap! You may well be interested in the blog post I posted today, on what seem to me to be the two leading alternatives to the UN process. I'd much appreciate your thoughts there.

With regard to your specific question, a number of courses of action are laid out here (you're already taking one of them, thanks!), and right now, emails to Avaaz in support of TEQs would be especially welcome, as per our latest newsletter.

Best,
Shaun
emordnilap

Location: Houǝsʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹǝɐllʎ uoʇ ʍoɹʇɥ ʇɥǝ ǝɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ ǝʌǝu qoʇɥǝɹ˙

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's GlobalCapCarbon's article re their submission to Ireland's citizens' assembly, which has been asking for submissions on "How the State can make Ireland a leader in tackling climate change".

Some very interesting submissions but a large percentage suggest very restricted areas of improvement, often associated with their personal lives (such as improved cycling facilities or shifting wind farms offshore, out of their sight) or single issues - plus the usual dregs of misinformed opinions.

A form of TEQs/C&S covers all the bases, with no need to micromanage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> TEQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: