PowerSwitch Main Page
PowerSwitch
The UK's Peak Oil Discussion Forum & Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two dead cats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr brightside

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Two dead cats Reply with quote

I've posted this thread on this subforum because, if it is what i think it is, it is a response to ever worsening conditions, a response to the desperation facing financial ruin.

We've had 2 cats die from the same odd symptoms, in the same place and at the same time of year; each died one year apart- the most recent today, the other over last new year. They died from extraordinarily high blood pressure which initially caused blindness then organ failure, and in the same rural location (North Stainmore).

I think they've picked up tainted bait put out for anything with an interest in killing Pheasant/Grouse chicks, poultry and ducklings, of which there are all roundabout. I think the perp hasn't used a conventional poison because it would show up in the carcass of the deceased animal, and knowing how badly f***ed you can get for killing a Buzzard who wants to get busted? I think someone has used something that will cause death as an indirect result of ingestion, and something that passes out of the victim's system before death and cannot be detected. A blind Stoat will live on for a few days before dying, and both cats have had to be put to sleep rather than died...as it were.

Does anyone know of any similar cases, know of any use of any such chemicals/substances to taint a bait item, or think i might be overthinking this one? It stinks to high heaven to me; the killing method is too clean and perfect, and the circumstances and just too coincidental.
adam2
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your losses.
Might I suggest approaching the charity "cats protection" to see if they are aware of any similar cases ? and also the RSPCA.
fuzzy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like poison. I bet the farmers are fighting back against the red kite epidemic etc. I doubt a vet would make much headway looking for poisons - except on TV.
ericgarmin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PowerSwitch Forum Index -> Living in the Future All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: